Joy Strain is a Partner at Mcgill, Power, Bell & Associates, LLP. She joined with the O’Polka & Company, Inc. merger and, has been with us since January of 1986.
Manages and conducts audits of governmental entities including school districts, non-profit organization, non-public/commercial audits, and ERISA audits. Considerable amount of time spent with respect to A-133 and yellow book audits.
Performs tax preparation and consulting services for corporations, partnerships, individuals, non-profit organizations, employee benefit plans and other tax related filings. Works closely with local attorneys in providing tax related services for estates and trusts.
Member of O’Polka & Company’s quality control and inspection committee.
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania, BS
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning
Professional and civic activities
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Troy Township, Crawford County, secretary/treasurer
- Maplewood High School Wrestling Boosters treasurer (past)
- Member of Titusville Area Chamber of Commerce
PICPA Young Leader AwardAug 27 2019
Congratulations Ashley Mocker Ashley Mocker was named one of the 2019 Young Leader Award recipients by the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA). The…
PICPA Young Leader AwardJul 02 2019
Congratulations Scott A. Herzing Each year the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) recognizes individuals under forty who demonstrate a commitment and passion toward…
Philip Held Promoted to SupervisorApr 15 2019
Philip Held, CPA has been promoted to the position of Supervisor in our Erie office. Phil specializes in financial statement and income tax preparation for…