Scott Herzing is a Supervisor at McGill, Power, Bell & Associates, LLP. He joined the firm in 2012. Prior to joining MPB, Scott acquired five years of experience within the lending industry. Scott specializes in corporate and individual taxation and is also very involved with the Research and Experimentation Tax Credit, where he works with clients in documenting and calculating tax benefits related to the credit.
Scott is a member of the firm’s Tangible Property Regulations Task Force. As a member of the task force, Scott has been instrumental in developing the firm’s approach to implementation of the final regulations (T.D. 9636), as well as identifying opportunities for client consultation and implementation.
He is also a member of the firm’s Manufacturing Services, and Research and Experimentation Tax Credit Groups.
- The Pennsylvania State University – The Behrend College, Erie, PA Bachelor of Science: Accounting, Bachelor of Science: Marketing, Minor: Management
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accounting (PICPA)
- PICPA Erie Chapter Executive Committee
- United Way Erie Free Taxes Program (2012)
- Pennsylvania Association of Notaries (PAN)
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Professionals of NW Pennsylvania
Awards and Recognition
- 2019 PICPA Young Leader Award
PICPA Young Leader AwardJul 02 2019
Congratulations Scott A. Herzing Each year the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) recognizes individuals under forty who demonstrate a commitment and passion toward…
Philip Held Promoted to SupervisorApr 15 2019
Philip Held, CPA has been promoted to the position of Supervisor in our Erie office. Phil specializes in financial statement and income tax preparation for…
Joshua Beerbower Promoted to Senior AccountantJan 31 2019
Joshua Beerbower has been promoted to the position of Senior Accountant in our Meadville office. Josh specializes in tax preparation for individuals and corporations as…