Scott Herzing is a Supervisor at McGill, Power, Bell & Associates, LLP. He joined the firm in 2012. Prior to joining MPB, Scott acquired five years of experience within the lending industry. Scott specializes in corporate and individual taxation and is also very involved with the Research and Experimentation Tax Credit, where he works with clients in documenting and calculating tax benefits related to the credit.
Scott is a member of the firm’s Tangible Property Regulations Task Force. As a member of the task force, Scott has been instrumental in developing the firm’s approach to implementation of the final regulations (T.D. 9636), as well as identifying opportunities for client consultation and implementation.
He is also a member of the firm’s Manufacturing Services, and Research and Experimentation Tax Credit Groups.
- The Pennsylvania State University – The Behrend College, Erie, PA Bachelor of Science: Accounting, Bachelor of Science: Marketing, Minor: Management
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accounting (PICPA)
- PICPA Erie Chapter Executive Committee
- United Way Erie Free Taxes Program (2012)
- Pennsylvania Association of Notaries (PAN)
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Professionals of NW Pennsylvania
Awards and Recognition
- 2019 PICPA Young Leader Award
SECURE Act Client LetterJan 15 2020
Our firm strives to keep you informed of regulatory changes that impact the environments in which our clients
MPB Announces AcquisitionsNov 01 2019
McGill, Power, Bell & Associates, LLP is committed to providing responsive innovative services and becoming the region’s recognized leader in our service niches. We are…
MPB Moves its Erie OfficeNov 01 2019
Effective November 1, 2019, McGill, Power, Bell & Associates LLP is moving into the former location of BKD, LLP at 2402 West 8th Street and…