Bob is a partner in McGill, Power, Bell & Associates and shares his time between the Erie and Meadville offices. He joined his father in business in 1969 and became a partner in the firm in 1973.
Bob devotes a large portion of his practice time to serving the manufacturing sector. He provides a number of consulting services to this sector including tax, activity based costing, business acquisition and sale, management consulting and succession planning.
Bob has spoken on manufacturing, valuation and tax topics for a number of years including being a speaker at several national conferences.
Some of the specialized services that he provides based on his credentialing and experience are:
Bob heads up the firm’s Business Valuation and Litigation Services (BVLS) Niche. This group provides Business Valuation services in the following areas:
- Business Merger and Acquisition Transactions.
- Assisting attorney and business owners with buy-sell agreements.
- Estate and gift planning considering FLPs and other entity techniques.
- Gift and estate tax reporting services.
Research and Experimentation Tax Credit Services
Bob along with the MPB R&E Tax Credit Niche provides these services through-out the tri-state region. He and other firm members participate in the National R&E Roundtable group which consists of R&E Tax Credit practitioners from across the country. Bob participated with other members from this group in a presentation to the IRS in Washington, DC. This presentation was a part of the on-going dialog between the high level IRS headquarter personnel and this group to enhance the process in this area of taxation between the government, the taxpayer and the practitioner.
Bob has provided expert witness and litigation support services for more than 25 years. He and the firm’s BVLS Niche work with many attorneys and law firms in the areas of business valuations, distressed business valuations, enterprise lost profit analysis, commercial economic damage claims, dissenting shareholder actions, family law litigation support, divorce property settlements, and wrongful death and personal injury economic damage claims.
Bob and the firm have served as an accountant for numerous Chapter 11 cases and some Chapter 7 cases, as well. At the time of his Certification in Distressed Business Valuation (CDBV) in 2007, Bob was one of only 48 individuals in the country to hold this designation. As a CDBV, he assists professionals in working with Bankruptcy Code issues and values distressed assets including distressed and bankrupt companies.
- Westminster College, New Wilmington, PA
Bachelor of Arts, Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA (Licensed in Pennsylvania, New York, and Indiana)
- Certified Valuation Analyst, CVA
- Accredited in Business Valuation, ABV
- Certified Specialist in Management Consulting, CSMC
- Certified in Distressed Business Valuation, CDBV
- Certified in Financial Forensics, CFF
Professional & Civic Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- PICPA Forensic and Litigation Services Committee
- PICPA Business Valuation Committee
- PICPA Professional Ethics Committee (Past)
- PICPA Executive Committee (Past)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- Allinial Legal Services and Business Valuation Practice Group, Co-Champion
- Allinial Legal Services and Business Valuation Newsletter Advisory Committee
- National Association of Forensic Economics
- Pennsylvania State Board of Accountancy, Chair (Past)
- Civic Organizations
- United Way of Western County Fund Allocation Committee (Past)
- Meadville Public Library, President of the Board of Directors (Past)
- UPMC Hamot Medical Center Board of Incorporators
- Meadville Medical Center Corporate Member
- Meadville Medical Center’s Operating Board, Chairman (Past)
- Meadville Area Industrial Commission (Past)
- PNC Bank, Northwest President’s Council (Past)
- Meadville Medical Center Foundation Chairman (Past)
- Iroquois Club President (Past)
- Friendship Through Football, Treasurer and Team Coach (Past) – an exchange program between the USA & Russia
Awards & Recognition
- Business Accountant Advocate of the Year 2000, U.S. Small Business Administration
Devin Moses Earns CPA LicenseJan 27 2021
MPB is pleased to announce that Devin Moses has earned his license as a Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania. Devin is a Senior Accountant with…
MPB Announces 2021 PromotionsDec 30 2020
Several team members have been promoted to Senior Accountant. …
2020 Year-End Planning LetterDec 28 2020
December 8, 2020 To Our Valued Clients and Friends: 2020 was a year of unprecedented challenges, primarily due to the rapid spread of the COVID-19…