Mitchell L. Kalkhof, CPA, CFE, MBA
Mitchell L. Kalkhof, CPA, CFE, MBA
Mitch is a Partner with McGill, Power, Bell & Associates, LLP. Mitch has more than twenty years of experience in performing audit and other assurance engagements across a wide variety of industries. Mitch's clients include employee benefit plans, non-profit organizations, municipal governmental authorities, and other closely held businesses.
Mitch specializes in performing audits of employee benefit plans and has an in-depth understanding of the audit and compliance requirements of the IRS and Department of Labor. MPB is a member of the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, for which Mitch serves as the designated audit quality partner with firm-wide responsibility for the quality of the firm's ERISA employee benefit plan audit practice. He is experienced in performing audit engagements for defined contribution and defined benefit plans of all shapes and sizes. Mitch is also a member of the firm's Non-Profit & Government Services Group and has considerable experience with tax exempt entities, including audits performed in accordance with Government Auditing Standards and OMB Circular A-133.
Prior to joining MPB during 2019, Mitch was a Managing Director with BKD, LLP. While at BKD, Mitch served as the Assistant A&A Director for the Pennsylvania offices, focusing on quality control for the practice unit and training of its team members. He was the niche leader of the employee benefit plan practice for the Pennsylvania offices and served on the national employee benefit plan internal inspection team. He also served as the SKY Champion for BKD's Pennsylvania offices, providing leadership in developing and implementing a firm-wide initiative to emphasize and strengthen diversity in the firm.
Prior to its merger with BKD in 2013, Mitch was a Partner with Malin, Bergquist & Company, LLP. Mitch was a member of the employee benefit plan and non-profit audit niches of Malin Bergquist. He also provided tax preparation and consulting services to clients across various industries and was a member of the firm's peer review practice.
Mitch graduated with highest distinction from The Pennsylvania State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting, where he was awarded the IMA Award for Excellence in Accounting Studies. Mitch has also earned a Master of Business Administration degree from The Pennsylvania State University.
Mitch is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE). He has also been a member of PICPA Employee Benefit Plan Committee since it began in 2007 and previously served a three-year term on the PICPA Professional Ethics Committee. Mitch is actively involved with several nonprofit organizations in the local area. He currently is serving on the board of directors for Sarah Reed Senior Living and previously was president, treasurer, and chairman of the finance committee. Mitch is also a current member of Penn State Behrend Accounting Advisory Board and former member of the United Way Financial Reviewer Program.
- Individual Tax Preparation
- Business Tax Preparation
- Payroll Processing
- Agreed Upon Procedures
- Financial Statement Preparation
- Management Consulting
- Part-Time CFO Consulting
- For Profit
- Non-profit and Government
- Employee Benefit Plans
- The Pennsylvania State University, Erie, PA — Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- The Pennsylvania State University, Erie, PA — Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Highest Distinction
- The Pennsylvania State University, Erie, PA — IMA Award for Excellence in Accounting Studies
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA
- Certified Fraud Examiner, CFE
Professional and Civic Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- PICPA Employee Benefit Plan Committee – 2007 thru current
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- PICPA Professional Ethics Committee (Past)
- Sarah Reed Senior Living – Past President / Past Treasurer and Chairman of Finance Committee
- Penn State Behrend Accounting Advisory Board – Current Member
- United Way Financial Reviewer Program (Past)